Coming Out / Sound Off is a discussion group for people with a voice to speak their minds. The purpose of this group is to allow people to discuss freely, in a civilized manner, about topics dealing with sexuality and relationships. Many topics will be covered lightly, but other groups may need to be investigated if more knowledge is desired. Certain topics may be mentioned, but not covered as main topics, such as: religion or politics. These are sensitive topics and sexuality is sensitive enough to cover. Coming Out issues will be covered on the 4th Wednesday of the month.
* This group covers rather sensitive material, so a few extra guidelines will need to be followed:
- An open mind and respectful behavior are required.
- Too much detail may lead to change of discussion.
- If a topic seems too difficult to handle, missing that meeting may be a good option.
This is a FREE group that meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of every month.
Orlando Youth Alliance is a nonprofit organization founded in 1990. Our mission is to provide a safe space for GLBTQ youth in Central Florida. We meet on Tuesday evenings, at 6:15 PM – 7:15 PM at the Zebra House, 115 E. Marks Street, Orlando, FL 32801. This location is just off of Magnolia Ave (only a few blocks north of Colonial Drive).
The Zebra House Entrance to use is in the rear of the house. Use the staircase in the back. Additional parking is in the side yard.
We also have Friday Night Drop-In Night at the Zebra House from 6:00 – 9:00PM. Games, movies, chat.
Is this you?
- Are you between the ages of 13 and 24? (We recently raised the age to 24.)
- Are you curious about your sexuality or gender identity?
- Do you feel alone?
- Are you gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, questioning or a straight ally?
- Do you feel isolated at school?
- Are you having problems dealing with the issues of your sexuality?
- Do you want to be around others like you?
- Do you want to be part of an organization that emotionally supports GLBTQ members in a positive, non-threatening, non-judgmental environment?
Phone: Voicemail Line 407-244-1222 (This is not a crisis hotline).
If you need someone to talk with NOW, call the Trevor Project Hotline at: 866-4U-TREVOR or 866-488-7386
The Orlando Youth Alliance(OYA) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization which provides a safe space for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered and Questioning (GLBTQ) youth to gather, talk about issues and concerns that are important in their lives, as well as meet other gay youth. OYA is a peer based youth group with members ranging from the ages of 13 to 20.
The Orlando Youth Alliance has a vital purpose in the Central Florida community. OYA is the only after-school option to meet other teens who are having the same feelings and dealing with the same problems that they are. OYA also collaborates with other organizations and causes in the Central Florida area which empowers our GLBTQ youth to be advocates and leaders in the community.
The Orlando Youth Alliance has wonderful resources at their disposal, one of which is the growing number of skilled volunteer adult facilitators. These facilitators are community-involved individuals who provide adult supervision during events and youth meetings. The facilitators are available to offer leadership, mentoring and to answer questions or concerns.
There is no cost to being a member of OYA. All costs associated with operations and marketing are covered through fundraisers, corporate, individual and foundation gifts.
The OYA is a peer based organization. Though there is adult leadership, the group revolves around YOU! YOUR issues and YOUR agendas – not those of the facilitators.